Montgomery County GOP Official Call Mass Meeting
As Chairman of the Montgomery County Republican Party of Virginia, and pursuant to the Plan of Organization and as recommended and directed by the County Committee, I, Bob Dickenson, do hereby issue this call for a Party Mass Meeting to be held at the Montgomery County Government Center, 755 Roanoke Street, Christiansburg, Virginia 24073 (or it’s alternate site) on Thursday, March 15, 2018. Registration is open from 6:00 to 7:00 pm with the Mass Meeting beginning promptly at 7:00 pm for the following purposes:
- Electing a chairman of the Montgomery County Republican Party;
- Electing members of the Montgomery County Republican Committee;
- Electing up to 640 Delegates and an equal number of Alternates to the 9th District Convention to be held on April 21, 2018 at the George Wythe High School, #1 Maroon Way, Wytheville, Virginia 24382 (or its alternate-site) beginning at 10:00 a.m. local time for the purposes of electing a 9th District Chairman, and for the transaction of such other business as may properly come before the Convention;
- No resolutions shall be permitted from the floor;
- No nominations for chairman of the Montgomery County Republican Party shall be permitted from the floor;
- And for the transaction of such business as may properly come before the Mass Meeting. In the event of inclement weather or adjournment on March 15, the Mass Meeting will be held the following Thursday, March 22, 2018, at 7:00 p.m. at the Montgomery County Government Center (or its alternate site). All pre-filing deadlines as outlined below remain the same.
Qualification for Participation
All legal and qualified voters of Montgomery County under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, regardless of race, religion, national origin or sex, who are in accord with the principles of the Republican Party and who, if requested, express in open meeting either orally or in writing as may be required, their intent to support all of its nominees for public office in the ensuing election, may participate as members of the Republican Party of Virginia in its Mass Meetings, party canvasses, conventions or primaries encompassing their respective election districts. In addition to the forgoing, to be in accord with the principles of the Republication Party, unless otherwise stipulated by the Montgomery County Republican Committee, a person otherwise qualified hereunder shall not have participated in Virginia in the nominating process of another party other than the Republican Party within the last five years.
A single exception to this shall be approved for a voter that renounces affiliation with any other party in writing, and who expresses in writing that he/she is in accord with the principles of the Republican Party and intends, at the time of this writing, to support the nominees of the Republican Party in the future. Any voter that utilizes the forgoing exception, and thereafter participates in the nominating process of a party other than the Republican Party, shall not have the benefit of the exception thereafter.
- Chairman of the Montgomery County Republican Party – Candidates for the position of Party Chairman shall file a written statement of intent of their candidacy by mail to (including email) or in person to Bob Dickenson, 2061 Peakland Way, Christiansburg, Virginia 24073; or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., Saturday, March 10, 2018. Postmarks do not govern.
- Candidates for election as Delegate or Alternate to the Ninth District Convention, can pre-file a written statement of their candidacy on a form provided by the County Committee to the Montgomery County Republican Committee, P.O. Box 997, Christiansburg, Virginia 24068 which must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., March 10, 2018, or attend the Mass Meeting. Postmarks do not govern. The pre-filing forms can be obtained by contacting Bob Dickenson at (540) 382-0561 or (404) 428-5018 or online at www.va9gop.org for the District Convention.
- All candidates for membership in the Montgomery County Republican Party need to submit a written statement of their candidacy on a form provided by the County Committee to the Montgomery County Republican Committee, P.O. Box 997, Christiansburg, Virginia 24068, which must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., March 10, 2018, or be present at this Mass Meeting. A mandatory $20 filing fee is required along with current contact information.
Registration Fees and Additional Information
There is no fee to participate in the Mass Meeting. There is a mandatory registration fee of $10.00 to participate in the 9th District Convention which can be submitted with the filing form or paid at the Convention during registration. This Call shall be published on the websites of the Montgomery County Republican Party, the Ninth Congressional and the Republican Party of Virginia. The requirement to publish this Call in a newspaper of general circulation was waived by a vote of the County Committee at the meeting of February 8, 2018, a quorum being present and approved by the Committee.
Paid for and Authorized by Montgomery County Republican Committee